Highly commended by the Criminal Justice Alliance – 2015
“Coming to Inspire has turned my life around. I didn’t know how to overcome my problems before but now I can be positive about the future” ( Inspire client)
The Inspire approach
Inspire supports women with multiple vulnerabilities at all stages of involvement in the criminal justice system
Inspire exists to deliver positive alternatives to women, especially those who experience current and historic trauma and abuse, poor mental health, substance misuse, poverty, isolation and unemployment.
Inspire recognises the challenges that multiple vulnerabilities can present for women and offers a flexible and responsive service where each woman is put at the centre of her recovery. Inspire offers women only spaces with co-located specialist staff enabling women to address multiple needs in one location.
Inspire adopts an engagement support officer model where each woman is offered an individual engagement support manager who develops a trusting relationship with the woman which simultaneously challenges and supports. Each woman works closely with her engagement support officer to develop a support plan that includes practical and therapeutic interventions that reduce her risk of reoffending.
- Robust and effective alternatives to Custody that significantly reduce offending behaviour
- Early intervention – supporting women who are referred from police custody
- Re-unite – a specialist service supporting women separated from their children and who have lost their homes to be re-united with their children in appropriate accommodation
- Mentoring – additional through care support for women beyond the length of their orders
Inspire outcomes and impact:
Working with Inspire empowers women to recognise choices and develop strengths enabling them to move away from damaging life styles.
- 92% of women complete their community orders
- 88% of women evidence a reduction in offending
- 79% improvement in well being
- 75% improvement in accommodation
For further information please contact Sophie Gibson – Inspire Operational Manager on 01273 698036 ext 3 or email@example.com